Authenticating AP.

Mrinal K sinha.mrinal at gmail.com
Sun May 29 18:52:39 CEST 2011

Hello Everyone,

I was trying to configure freeradius to authenticate users coming from
multiple APs and authenticate them on the basis of the AP the request is
coming from(e.g. if user A's request is sent by AP X then accept; if user
A's request comes from AP Y then reject; if user B's request comes from AP Y
then accept).

One scheme for this to be achieved could be that client.conf has entry for
each AP individually and APs IP address and shared secret is used to
identify the AP; however the scenario I am considering has APs behind the
NATed gateways rendering this method useless. But if I  configure
clients.conf over MAC-address instead of IP-address and use
Called-Station-ID with shared secret to identify AP then I think it should
work out.

I am not sure how feasible will this be. I went through the old posts in the
forum but could not find anything specific, to point in this direction. I
would be extremely thankful if anyone could direct me in right direction.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Kumar Mrinal

--