Service-Type Error

Darren Shaw D.Shaw at hud.ac.uk
Tue Nov 1 13:55:48 CET 2011

Hello,

The FreeRadius server is a VM machine and the ESX host failed, everything came back and is now working apart from the following

The Radius Service, when the service starts this is the error we receive

/usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[219]: ERROR: Unknown value Administrative-User, for attribute Service-Type
/usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[214]: Failed to parse "update" subsection.
/usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[210]: Failed to parse "if" subsection.
/usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[62]: Errors parsing authorize section.

This error prevents the Network team from logging into their devices, their username is authenticated but they receive the following on the SSH session to the switch/router.

ACCEPT: Authorizing enable access and then nothing.

I have checked the following Dictionary.rfc2865 and this states that the administrative-user has a value of 6, which according to Cisco is correct.

We use the Radius Server for all our Wireless Authentication and this is working without any known issues, please find the section of the Radius configuration file from '/usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-available/default'. By commenting out the 'Service-Type' line Raduis will start, otherwise we get a syntax error.

        if(!control:Auth-Type && (request:NAS-Port-Type == Virtual || request:NAS-Port-Type == Async) && (NAS-Identifier == hudds_switches || NAS-Identifier == bar_switches || NAS-Identifier == old_switches || "%{client:clientgroup}" == "networks")){
           update control {
              Proxy-To-Realm := LOCAL
           }
           if(ldap_staff-Ldap-Group == CMSX_NETW){
              update control {
                 Auth-Type = "ntlm_auth"
              }
                 update reply {
                         Reply-Message = "ACCEPT: Authorizing enable access",
                         Cisco-AVPair = "shell:roles*\"network-admin\"",
                         Cisco-AVPair += "shell:priv-lvl+15",
#*******                 Service-Type = Administrative-User,  *****#
                         Fall-Through = No

Help is greatly appreciated.