newbie and realms

walter harms wharms at bfs.de
Wed Nov 9 17:55:03 CET 2011

Am 09.11.2011 15:00, schrieb Alan DeKok:
> walter harms wrote:
>> mmh, i am starting to understand, i was expecting something different
>> therefore i did not realize what i have found.
>
>   Asking good questions helps.  "How do I set up realms" gets answered
> by "read the realm documentation".
>
>   If you want something else, ask a better question.
>
>> use case:
>> my task is to setup a radiusd for 6 realms (Again not my idea). all realms
>> should be equal and will be used for m2m only.
>
>   That doesn't make any sense.
>
>   What do you mean by "realms should be equal"?  What is "m2m?

equal = the realms will differ in names only, not in configuration
m2m   = machine to machine - no user interaction

>> so dropping everything outside
>> these realms would be ok. the number of "users" will be very limited.
>> I did not expect that this would be anything complicated.
>
>   Of course it's complicated.   You haven't defined what you want to do.
>  You're using pre-existing terms (realms), but are using them wrong.
>
>   Describe what you want to do *accurately*.  Refer to attributes.  Give
> examples.

Our dial-ins (now no radiusd) are moved to a 3.party and they told me
"setup a radiusd" with 6 realms". I guess the machines will get usernames,
perhaps very box the same. the realm will simple reflect the region they
are calling from.

hope that helps,
re,
 wh