Access-Challenge with FreeRadius

David Mitton david at mitton.com
Wed Nov 9 18:46:54 CET 2011

And if you read that thread... you find that the short answer is you don't.
There is no configuration option to generate messages.

The authentication method implementation logic knows what interactions
it supports and generates the appropriate messages.  Some auth methods
will never use an Access-Challenge,  some always will (EAP).   Some
vary depending on the auth.

e.g. some RADIUS servers will send A-C in PAP if they are
authenticating SecurID.  (not recommended but it's out there)

Bottom line; you are framing the problem incorrectly and asking the
wrong question.

Dave.