ldap+freeradius

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Wed Nov 9 20:02:03 CET 2011

On 11/09/2011 01:40 PM, suggestme wrote:
> The LDAP server was already configred in other machine by System
> Administrator. I am trying to link FreeRadius to that existing and already
> running LDAP server and authenticate the users using already configured
> attribute. I didn't download LDAP on this machine where FreeRadius is
> running. I made the LDAP option "on" during the FreeRadius installation

Sigh. You're using the wrong terminology. Link has a very specific
meaning in the context of shared objects (e.g. .so files). What the
message was trying to tell you was the dynamic loader could not load the
rlm_ldap module (a shared object). That might be because rlm_ldap.so
isn't on your system or your loader has not be made aware of it's
existence (e.g. ldconfig on Linux).

You would be "connecting" to the ldap server on the other system, not
"linking" it.

Really, you need to read the FAQ and learn to use the correct
vocabulary, anything less and you'll be flailing hopelessly and
frustrating those who are trying to help you.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/