Issues with EAP-TLS and OpenSSL

Houston-III, Lester L lester.l.houston-iii at boeing.com
Tue Nov 15 00:51:20 CET 2011

I'm trying to configure my FreeRADIUS server to support EAP-TLS but it keeps reporting that there is no OpenSSL support.  I'm currently using FreeRADIUS version 2.1.12 on Centos 6.  I built the server from source because I needed to include the JRADIUS plugin.  I have been able to get things working with the JRADIUS and PAP, but now I'm trying to use EAP-TLS.  I have already installed OpenSSL core, static and development packages using yum.   Issuing the configure commands always results in a statement that OpenSSL is not supported,  (Checking for OpenSSL support .. no)  What I'm I missing?  Does another package needs to be installed?

Lester Houston 111
Boeing Research & Technology
Electronics Prototyping and Integration Center (EPIC)
lester.l.houston-iii at boeing.com
314-234-0621