Help: FreeRadius Users with multiple passwords

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Tue Nov 15 10:09:29 CET 2011

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 4:00 PM, Duong Manh Truong
<ngoahotanglongbk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have encounter with an issue and can not find the solution after several
> days of thinking :(
> I set up FreeRadius & Mysql successfully, testing with some account ok,
> but my real case: Lot of my users have more than 1 passwords,
> Example: User: "truongdm" comes with the password "abc123" or the password
> "123abc" is both ok

Short version: you can't.

Long version:
it's doable, but ONLY if:
- your user sends clear-text password (read: not using MSCHAP or
PEAP-MS-CHAP v2, which is the one most often used by windows clients)
- you create additional logic to handle authentication, either using
unlang or external script (perl, php, whatever). Hint: see
http://wiki.freeradius.org/Auth%20Type . Your additional logic would
have to set Auth-Type := Accept when conditions (e.g. password) match.

--
Fajar