Check that user auths ok

koos tuppe99 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 13:59:59 CET 2011

I am sure that this is a very basic question, but I cannot seem to find a
decent answer using google search:

I have a large users.db file with a dummy user at the start and at the end.
I basically want to write a perl script that will check that both these
users are present in the users.db file, thus ensuring that my users.db file
built fine with rlm_dbm_parse.

I thought of just using radclient to do an auth for these 2 users, but I
cannot find any docs on what return codes to check for when auth is ok or
failed. I am sure I am missing something obvious here, but I am fairly new
to radius and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Koos