Help: FreeRadius Users with multiple passwords

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Fri Nov 18 13:00:22 CET 2011

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 6:20 PM, Duong Manh Truong
<ngoahotanglongbk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanks for your reply :)
> I have a better news that: By using OpenLDAP for FR Authen & Authorization
> => I can configure multiple passwords for each user (Uid)
> and use 1 of those passwords for successfully Authentication!

you mean put it in different ldap attribute?

> Although it is done manually now, but somehow it solves the matter !
> If anyone have experienced this, please give some advices !
> Example: How to do it automatically

You can't. LDAP attributes gets mapped to radius attribute (both check
and reply items). You can't just go and say "hey, if the user can't
authenticate with this attribute, then try that attribute". At least
not without the hack I mentioned above.

Then again, it's entirely possible that I misunderstood what you said.
You're not being clear or specific about how you "can configure
multiple passwords for each user"

... and PLEASE remove unneeded emails when replying from digest. It's
confusing, wasting time and bandwidth, and have no benefit whatsoever.

--
Fajar