How to use radacct in two different databases

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Wed Nov 23 22:58:02 CET 2011

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 1:04 AM, Nataniel Klug <listas.nata at cnett.com.br> wrote:
>                 I am having a problem. The problem is I was trying to use MySQL and SQLIPPOOL but I had many problems with IP allocation and release so I choose to try PostgreSQL and it worked really fine in every aspect. The problem is: I use a software made by a third part company that can only read MySQL tables (they use some kind of a socket to connect to database) and I need to measure my clients usage and show it to the clients so they have a web PHP/Java page where my client can see his usage.

The real question is what problems are you actually having, and why.

If you use innodb storage engine (the default since mysql-5.5)
sqlippool should work just fine, function-wise. An exception is if
your system is really, really, busy (think over several hundred
auths/s), where you'd need ndbcluster engine plus a custom sqlippol
query.

>                 So, as I am using PostgreSQL this become impossible so, is there any way to use PostgreSQL for authentication and MySQL for accounting? Is this possible?

As Phil have answered, yes, you can.

For completeness, sqlippool db is separate from auth db, so if your
problem is ONLY sqlippool and you want to use postgress for that, you
can just use postgresql sql instance for sqlippool while still using
mysql sql instance for auth and acct.

--
Fajar