Change SQL Groupcheck Query in Dialup.conf

JennyBlunt jennyshoehorn at me.com
Sun Nov 27 13:32:22 CET 2011

I need to change the structure of the radusergroup table so it includes the
radcheck_id and radgroupcheck_id's.

Currently it's set to use the username and groupname.

I'm editing the following sections in dialup.conf

          group_membership_query = "SELECT groupname \
          FROM ${usergroup_table} \
          WHERE username = '%{SQL-User-Name}' \
          ORDER BY priority"

However, I need to know if it possible to change SQL-User-Name to use the
radcheck id instead?

Is it possible to look up the user id prior to this statement running?
Ideally, it would then look like this:

 group_membership_query = "SELECT radgroup_id \
          FROM ${usergroup_table} \
          WHERE username = '%{SQL-User-ID}' \
          ORDER BY priority"

If so, where do I do this?