EAP-TTLS/EAP-TLS with freeRADIUS

Mr Dash Four mr.dash.four at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 27 17:29:43 CET 2011

> No. WAP == Wireless Access Point.
Noted, thanks.

>> indeed the case - the client will be a Linux-based device with
>> wpa_supplicant and a driver which supports nl80211/cfg80211, so I can
>> configure - at least on the client's part - EAP-TTLS/EAP-TLS
>> authentication. My aim is to do the same on AP and RADIUS, which is the
>> point of actually starting this thread as my "experience" with RADIUS is
>> nil.
>
> So you keep saying. I note however that it doesn't stop you from
> making judgements on its security, and you're getting a lot of stick
> for that (from me and others).
Again, I don't make "judgements", it was merely an observation.

> Seriously - it's good you want to learn. But why not do that first,
> then ask questions based on the knowledge you've acquired and,
> hopefully, understood? If you're missing basic terms like "WAP" i.e. a
> Wireless Access Point, then I've got to say, you've got some work to
> do on the fundamentals...
I would have done this ages ago if I knew where to find a more
comprehensive manual explaining it all, rather than relying on bits of
info scattered in thousand different places. The freeRADIUS wiki isn't
terribly helpful either - this ->
http://wiki.freeradius.org/create/Extensible-Authentication-Protocol#EAP-TTLS
- being the perfect example - in order to access it I have to log in
because "authentication is required" (as if!).