annoying stop retransmissions.

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Nov 29 14:02:11 CET 2011

On 29/11/11 12:04, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:

> It may be suitable to workaround some db limitation. If the db can't
> do INSERT ... ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE, you might get away with INSERT
> on the main query and UPDATE on _alt. However we use mysql (which
> support the syntax just fine) and don't want the extra query which
> adds load to the db server (the _alt part), so I just remove them

We don't use the built-in "sql" module accounting queries; but the _alt
queries are important for exactly this reason, particularly with e.g.
postgres. I think using module failover for this would be cumbersome;
you'd have to have quite a few SQL instances AFAICT to replicate this
behaviour.

Or used stored procedures (which is what we do) but that's a lot of
overhead.