struggling getting freeradius to authorize a dialup session

Jim Pazarena jim at paz.bz
Tue Nov 29 18:23:49 CET 2011

I am confused, as to the layout of the users file. I have a simple:

DEFAULT Auth-Type = System
         Service-Type = Framed-User,
         Framed-Protocol = PPP,
         Framed-MTU = 1500

yet, when I start radius (in debug), and attempt a dial-in, it nags the
following:
WARNING: Empty authorize section. Using default return values.
ERROR: No authenticate method (Auth-Type) founf for the request: Rejecting the user

So the WARNING is clear enough, but I am getting lost in setup files.
the "sites-available/README" suggests that on a simply setup, everything can
be in the radiusd.conf file; I don't see anything in my radiusd.conf which
suggests an authenticate section. I could post the radiusd.conf, but would
like permission (first).
Thanks!
--
Jim Pazarena                    work:250 559-7777
Box 550 - 405 2nd Avenue        fax: 866 279-3608
Queen Charlotte  BC  V0T 1S0    mailto:jim at paz.bz