"authentication" sub in perl

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Sun Oct 2 22:18:18 CEST 2011

Hi,

>    As I said only "authorize" sub is being called when receiving a REQUEST
>    and not authenticate sub.
>    So I need to change Auth-Type to be Perl?

authenticate fails quite simply because this is an EAP request...and your FreeRADIUS
had been built without EAP support. if you have EAP support, the server would
trigger the EAP mechanism...which sends the packet through to the inner-tunnel
virtual server and you would have to have the perl module listed in the
authenticate section of that VS

look,

>    FreeRADIUS Version 2.1.11, for host x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, built on Sep
>    29 2011 at 14:33:46

<snip>

>    Ignoring EAP-Type/tls because we do not have OpenSSL support.
>    Ignoring EAP-Type/ttls because we do not have OpenSSL support.
>    Ignoring EAP-Type/peap because we do not have OpenSSL support.

<snip>

>    [eap] EAP packet type response id 1 length 8
>    [eap] No EAP Start, assuming it's an on-going EAP conversation

<snip>

>    [eap] Request found, released from the list
>    [eap] EAP NAK
>    [eap] NAK asked for unsupported type PEAP
>    [eap] No common EAP types found.
>    [eap] Failed in EAP select
>    ++[eap] returns invalid
>    Failed to authenticate the user.
>    Using Post-Auth-Type Reject

...end of game

....as you can see, sending the output of radiusd -X is very very useful
for those of us that want to help you.

alan