Need help with Freeradius and 802.1X

johnboy68 tripleadad68 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 3 18:42:22 CEST 2011

I have searched the forum but can't find what I'm looking for.

Here is my scenario:

Users with Vista machines and the 802.1X supplicant configured
Windows Server 2008 with Active Directory
Other network connected devices and 'unknown' computers
100% Cisco LAN/WAN

Here is what I want to do:

Dynamic VLAN assignment based on 802.1X with Freeradius able to use Active
Directory for the computers with the supplicant configured and also be able
to use MySQL to do MAC authentication bypass for known devices like printers
that can't use a supplicant.

I don't have much experience with Freeradius but I feel this is something
that would be a "normal" 802.1X configuration.

Any help on how to configure this environment would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, John