Mac access mixed ldap access same NAS

Alexander Clouter alex at digriz.org.uk
Thu Oct 6 10:47:54 CEST 2011

Alejandro Gandara <agandara at optaresolutions.com> wrote:

> does someone know if Its possible mix MAC auth with ldap AUTH in the
> same NAS.

Depends on the NAS:

http://www.digriz.org.uk/lanwarden

Cisco support MAC-auth and *fallback* to 802.1X; for this to work
reliably you must attempt MAC-auth first, and if that fails force the
client to do 802.1X...otherwise you run into a nightmare of race
conditions.

For us, we do both our MAC-auth and 802.1X authentications and
authorizations with LDAP so yes...it does work, rather well too.

If people keep poking me, I'll put up more documentation...

Cheers

--
Alexander Clouter
.sigmonster says: I'm having fun HITCHHIKING to CINCINNATI or FAR ROCKAWAY!!