canceling/redirecting realm in pre-proxy ?

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Fri Oct 7 16:55:53 CEST 2011

On 7 Oct 2011, at 15:28, Robert Roll wrote:

> Good thought, but it doesn't seem to do the trick, but thanks..
>
>> Why don't you just avoid starting the proxy in the first place...
>
> I want to actually proxy to a remote server, but they might send it back for further authentication..
> I need to detect and handle that, otherwise there would be a loop...

Ditch rlm_realm and use your own condition in authorize.

authorize {
	preprocess

	split_username_nai

	if(Stripped-User-Domain != 'my_local_realm' && Huntgroup-Name != 'servers_I_might_proxy_to'){
		update control {
			Proxy-To-Relam := 'my_remote_realm'
	else {
		# Local processing...

You can also use %{Proxy-State[#]} to determine whether the request has already been proxied

if("%{Proxy-State[#]}"){
	# This request was received from a proxy server
}

-Arran

a.cudbardb at networkradius.com

Technical consultant and solutions architect

15 Ave. du Granier, Meylan, France
+33 4 69 66 54 50