Fast session resumption memory leak?

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Oct 14 00:10:48 CEST 2011

Hi,

> > well, due to the way the log files and logrotate clash, our servers
> > have a daily restart right now.... so this masks any such issue so
> > cant say :-|
> >
> I probably asked this already but why not syslog-ng and yyyymmdd.log as
> an output?

because the system should be as vanilla as possible and the behaviour of
FreeRADIUS changed (due to some random request). it used to quite happily
start writing to a new logfile after logrotate had done its business.

and actually, a daily blip is quite nice for avoiding nasty longterm
memory leaks ;-)   its not good really....the EAP cache is lost for a start
(as the daemon doesnt/cant save that cache upon stop/start)

alan