Policy construct for string "concatenation"

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Oct 14 03:53:38 CEST 2011

Ray Scholl wrote:
> You refer to them as variables – so I am assuming it cannot be a
> constant?  I must declare a variable and assign ‘otp’?

  They're just strings.  If you've done any kind of computer
programming, string expansion should be familiar.

  (1) take the string "..."
  (2) Expand everything which looks like %{NAME}
  (3) leave everything else alone.

  "Hello, my name is %{User-Name}"

-->

  "Hello, my name is bob"

  Again like most computer programming, it would have been faster for
you to *try* a few things for yourself.  That way you learn by
experience, rather than waiting for someone to get around to answering
the posts on the list.