terminate session

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Fri Oct 14 05:14:47 CEST 2011

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 9:57 AM, OzSpots - Carl Sawers
<carl at ozspots.com.au> wrote:
> OzSpots - Carl Sawers wrote:
>> The user can also go over the ChilliSpot-Max-Total-Octets quota and
>> the Idle-Timeout does not appear to work.
>
>  Then it's a chillispot problem.  It has nothing to do with FreeRADIUS.

> Thanks Alan,
> The Freeradius database holds the  ChilliSpot-Max-Total-Octets amount so I thought it was to do with Freeradius.

Radius (including freeradius) simply sends the attributes it's
configured to do.
So if it sends ChilliSpot-Max-Total-Octets, and you've verified that
it's the correct attribute (e.g. by looking at dictionaries on
/usr/share/freeradius/*, and comparing them to what chilli/coova
expects), then that's pretty much it. Whether the NAS respects it or
not doesn't really concern radius.

> I gather though that coovachilli must read this amount and pass it on to the router.

coovachilli and chillispot are captive portal acess controller. They
act as NAS. They don't need to "pass" anything to any router.

I suggest you try running coova/chilli in debug mode and see what it
says. Also look at their soure code.
I remembered a long time ago wondering why chilli ignores
Acct-Interim-Interval. Turns out chilli will silently ignore that
attribute if the value is <= 60s. So something similar might be
happening in your case.

--
Fajar