Policy construct for string "concatenation"

James J J Hooper jjj.hooper at bristol.ac.uk
Sat Oct 15 13:52:16 CEST 2011

On 15/10/2011 12:14, Ray Scholl wrote:
> Good morning:
>
> So, I took all of your advice - example constructs, suggestion to do a little testing etc. I built a duplicate server and my question still remain.
>
> The construct I have -
>
>                    if ( clients_ldap-Ldap-Group == "%{FreeRadius-Client-Shortname}%{'otp'}"  ) {

How does the above match the below and previous examples you were given!?

>    They're just strings.  If you've done any kind of computer programming, string expansion should be familiar.
>
>    (1) take the string "..."
>    (2) Expand everything which looks like %{NAME}
>    (3) leave everything else alone.
>
>    "Hello, my name is %{User-Name}"
>
> -->
>
>    "Hello, my name is bob"

Try:

if (clients_ldap:Ldap-Group == "%{FreeRadius-Client-Shortname}otp") {

1) Is clients_ldap an ldap instance name, or have you defined a new
attribute clients_ldap-Ldap-Group ?? I've presumed it's an instance name
thus the colon. If it's an attribute, then replace the colon above with
the hyphen you had.

2) "otp" is a fixed string, %{anything} means a not-fixed string (an
expansion). so you don't need the %{}.

3) How about sending us your radiusd -X from your duplicate server, then
we can all see what's actually happenning?

-James