Configuring FreeRADIUS to use ntlm_auth for MS-CHAP

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Oct 17 10:20:56 CEST 2011

Hi,

> Thanks for that.
> I had left some previous versions of files in the modules directory not knowing that they are still active.
> Moving them to another location progressed me to the following error:

yes, FreeRADIUS will read ALL files in sites-enabled/ and ALL files in modules/
directory. never leave 'backups' or editor backups (tilde emacs files) or RCS etc versions
lying around in those directories (this is a common problem)

> This was fixed by issuing this command:
>
> 'chgrp radiusd /var/lib/samba/winbindd_privileged'

yep

> The next problem I got was
>
> "EAP-MSCHAPV2: Received success
>  EAP-MSCHAPV2: Invalid authenticator response in success request"
>
> Googling this suggests there is a bug in the version of Samba I'm using and that I need to install version 3.0.30.

the latest SAMBA release in 3.5.x should work fine.

I note you are runninging 2.1.9 - why that version? 2.1.10 should be available
for CentOS 6 with yum.  if self-compiling, use 2.1.12

alan