Ippool giving gateway addresses

Alejandro Gandara agandara at optaresolutions.com
Mon Oct 17 11:21:06 CEST 2011

2011/10/17 Fajar A. Nugraha <list at fajar.net>

> On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 2:18 PM, Alejandro Gandara
> <agandara at optaresolutions.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi List,
> >

> > I have two doubts which I couldn't resolv properly. I'll be so pleased if
> > someone could give me a hand.
> >
> > 1º There is any way to configure ippool to give a gateway for each
> > configured pool?
>
> Short version: no.
>
> Long answer:
> AFAIK rlm_ipool and rlm_sqlippool only hand-out IP addresses in
> Framed-IP-Address attribute.
> However, if you use rlm_sqlippool, it should be easy enough to have an
> additional custom sql table (or additional column) which (for example)
> store the default gateway for each IP address. You can then use unlang
> to send this information in Framed-Route attribute. Your NAS has to
> support it though, otherwise the attribute will be silently ignored.
>

> > 2º How I could check the bind addresses in db.* files?
>
> try http://wiki.freeradius.org/Rlm_ippool_tool
> I'd recommend you use rlm_sqlippool instead though.

When I use this tool I got users identified by keys, where could I find the
map (or relation)  of keys with users?. I need know which Users is
conneceted which each IP.

> > 3º Radiuis-Framed-Routing is used to configure a gateway for each
> profile?
>
> See http://freeradius.org/rfc/rfc2865.html for a description on what

each attribute is for.

> I' ve seen i can manage Radius-Framed-Route to fix my problem. Mixing this
with ippool could be a right solutions.( I hope).
I've seen too i can configure default gateways with this attribute such as:
0.0.0.0 10.0.2.1 .  where the first element is the network (default) and the
second one is the gateway used.

Is this true?

Thanks for your time and your faster answer.

Regards

Alejandro