Problem with F5 BigIP accouting : hexadecimal attribute

Vincent, Fabien fabien.vincent at coreye.fr
Mon Oct 17 17:13:37 CEST 2011

Thanks for your replies/help.

I set in the dictionary.f5 the following value :

ATTRIBUTE       F5-Acct                         14       string

First for the F5 NAS-IP-Address, it's equal to 127.1.1.1, which I suspect a
strange behavior of the F5 syslog-ng / audit forwarder. But this is not a
problem, I will find how to set it through tmsh or bigpipe shells.

Now, I have the correct output in F5-Acct attribute I've set in the
dictionary.

Thanks all for your help !

If you have any experience with F5 BigIP LTM/GTM accounting, please share
your feedbacks with me (in private of course).

For the specific VSA provided here, is it possible to add by default in
FreeRadius repo ?

Fabien VINCENT
Ingénieur Réseaux & Sécurité / ASSR Produits
Niveau 3 - Infrastructure & Produits