rlm_perl not working

Vincent, Fabien fabien.vincent at coreye.fr
Tue Oct 18 15:53:28 CEST 2011

Hi all,

As you reply yesterday to my question, I have another one which is very
embarrassing :

I have the following packages installed on CentOS box :

freeradius2.x86_64

freeradius2-mysql.x86_64

freeradius2-ldap.x86_64

freeradius2-perl.x86_64

freeradius2-utils.x86_64

I want to make some transformations on my accounting section but this
doesn't work when I put the "perl" in accounting section. Radius stop
working :

/usr/sbin/radiusd -X

conns: 0x25e9760

Module: Checking authorize {...} for more modules to load

Module: Checking accounting {...} for more modules to load

/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf[267]: Failed to find module "perl".

/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf[263]: Errors parsing accounting section.

I've found a lot of problems looking on my Google friend, but I didn't
understand with a simple :

accounting {

                # sql # comment

                perl

}

Using the simple configuration for modules found here:
http://wiki.freeradius.org/Rlm_perl

Does not work .

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance for your help