sql expansion with query string stored in attribute?

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Wed Oct 19 09:41:01 CEST 2011

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 1:50 PM, Fajar A. Nugraha <list at fajar.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 1:45 PM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:
>>> Is there a way to change which characters remain unencoded? Thanks.
>>
>>  That's what "safe_characters" is for.
>
> In dialup.conf? Yes, but it doesn't seem to work when the query is
> stored in an attribute. Looks like sql_xlat is responsible for this?

I think I found the source of my problem. Two, actually.

First, my safe_character list in incomplete. I needed to add "(),"

Second, I have multiple sql instances (not shown in the debug posted
earlier) including different dialup.conf, and only one of them (sql)
has the complete safe_characters needed. Turns out FR uses the
safe_characters from the LAST instantiated sql instance. Manually
putting the sql instances in instantiate section of radiusd.conf, with
the one containing safe_characters I want last, works as expected.

Thanks,

Fajar