setup freeradius to generateng COA

Alex rsm alex-rsm at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 19 16:34:32 CEST 2011

Hi,

I have setup 'coa' virtual sever and enabled it. Freeradius is not listening on port 3799. However, I  was wondering how can I make Freeradius to "originate" a COA message?
When using the following example, Freeradius is simply replaied back with a CoA-NAK message.

echo "Cisco-Account-Info='S10.1.1.1:2813',Cisco-Command-Code='\004 &'" | /usr/local/bin/radclient -x 10.10.10.1 coa testing123

What I am looking is how to make Freeradius to "originate" a COA message using radclient or radtest.

Thanks,
ASM