FreeRADIUS sends proxy packets out the proper interface, but with the wrong source IP (simple udpfromto problem?)

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Oct 19 18:10:34 CEST 2011

Adam Bultman wrote:
> Yeah, I'm running linux, but all my networks are on distinct interfaces,
> and none are duplicated.  eth0 = 10.x.x.x, eth1 = public IP, eth2 =
> 192.168.x.x .

  Well... then it's still a Linux problem.  The server doesn't choose
the source IP of proxied packets.  It lets the kernel take care of that.

>>   You can set "src_ipaddr" for each home server.  See raddb/proxy.conf.
>>  This is documented.
>
> This isn't in the copy of the proxy.conf file on my RADIUS servers,

  You've upgraded from an earlier version of the server which didn't
support it.

> which explains why I've had trouble at all.  If my version (2.1.10)
> doesn't support src_ipaddr, then I'll upgrade.

  See raddb/proxy.conf in the 2.1.10 distribution.

  Though you should probably upgrade to 2.1.12, too...