setup freeradius to generateng COA

Alex rsm alex-rsm at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 19 22:52:59 CEST 2011

Yes, I read it and  followed the instructions:

added update coa statement in my default config.

        update coa {
               User-Name = "%{User-Name}"
               Acct-Session-Id = "%{Acct-Session-Id}"
               NAS-IP-Address = "%{NAS-IP-Address}"
        }

Based on the following docs, it should sends COA to my NAS-IP but it doesn't:

#  The default destination of a CoA packet is the NAS (or client)
#  the sent the original Access-Request or Accounting-Request.  See
#  raddb/clients.conf for a "coa_server" configuration that ties
#  a client to a specific home server, or to a home server pool.