Problems with radrelay

tonimanel antoniofernandez at fabergames.com
Thu Oct 20 11:31:50 CEST 2011

I did not write the output result.

> The first server only writes in detail file if it is not launch with -n
> radrelay option.

> That's how it's supposed to work.

Yes, but I want to say that only writes in detail_file (second detail file)
when it's launch without -n radrelay option, when it should writes in
detail_file (second detail file) with or without -n option, I think.

I am going to write the steps that I have followed to check the result of
the freeradius service.

- I have tested both freeradius servers and both work fine when work
individually. The first freeradius server writes in second_detail file, and
second freeradius server doesn't writes in second_detail file because it is
not configured (correct!). Both servers work fine with authentication and
accounting processes.

- When I launch first freeradius server with -X -n radrelay options,
radrelay reads from second_detail file (that exists) and send records to
second freeradius server. The second freeradius server writes records in
radacct table (database). Then, first freeradius server delete the
second_detail file.

- When I try to authenticate to first freeradius server I get a timeout
message.

- The service is continuing trying to read from second_detail file (that not
exists because was deleted by first freeradius service) and it's ignoring
all authentication requests (in output result not appears nothing about
authentication requests).

Outputs:

First freeradius server with -X option:
http://freeradius.1045715.n5.nabble.com/file/n4920900/first_freeradius-X_authentication%26accounting.txt
first_freeradius-X_authentication%26accounting.txt

Second detail_file exists:
root at debian:/var/log/freeradius/radacct# ls -l
total 12
drwxr-xr-x 2 freerad freerad 4096 oct 19 10:34 192.168.1.163
drwxr-xr-x 2 freerad freerad 4096 oct 20 09:30 192.168.1.7
-rw------- 1 freerad freerad  368 oct 20 11:11 second_detail <--------------
This
root at debian:/var/log/freeradius/radacct#

First freeradius server with -X -n radrelay and second freeradius server
with -X option and listening:
http://freeradius.1045715.n5.nabble.com/file/n4920900/first_freerasius-X-n_synchronize_nothningmore.txt
first_freerasius-X-n_synchronize_nothningmore.txt
http://freeradius.1045715.n5.nabble.com/file/n4920900/second_listentingradrelay.txt
second_listentingradrelay.txt

At the end, first freeradius server says: violation of the segment

Would you need the configuration files?
First freeradius server:
http://freeradius.1045715.n5.nabble.com/file/n4920900/radiusd.conf
radiusd.conf
http://freeradius.1045715.n5.nabble.com/file/n4920900/radrelay.conf
radrelay.conf
Second freeradius server:
http://freeradius.1045715.n5.nabble.com/file/n4920900/radiusd.conf
radiusd.conf

If yuo need any thing else, please tell me.