Quota based on time with squid

senthil kumar senthilkumaar2021 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 19:08:26 CEST 2011

Hello Team,

I am a newbie to radius server.

I have installed free-radius in linux machine with accounting support
and was able to authenticate using radtest client.and also I was also
successfully authenticate with squid proxy server.

I need to assign quota to squid users based on the weekly/hourly
basis. I need users radius server to return packet reject when time is
expired. is it possible in radius?

I am using only linux machine with proxy server. whether NAS is needed?

If so, can anyone help me in framing the rules for quota . eg 2 hours
a day. I have basic configuration and now when a user authenticates
login time is updated in the radpostauth.

Thanks,
Senthil