Assert Failed on Proxing

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Sat Oct 22 00:55:19 CEST 2011

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 9:28 PM, andreapepa
<andrea.pepa at trentinonetwork.it> wrote:
> obviously, Phil...
>  my questions , not well explained, was about upgrading the package.
>
> i can be sure that with this procedure i will have freeradius upgrade or two
> version of FR installed ?

If you install a new version from source using simple ./configure &&
make && make install, you'll most likely end up with two version of
FR, with the new one in /usr/local/

If you upgrade it it with a package (either created yourself, or use
someone else's), you have only one FR fersion. To build your own
package: http://wiki.freeradius.org/Build#Building+Debian+packages .
Judging from your question, this is the best option for you.

If you're feeling lazy and know how to use Ubuntu's packages on
debian, try my unofficial ppa on
https://launchpad.net/~freeradius/+archive/stable. One of them (natty
or lucid version) should work for you.

> maybe this is another basic question.. but are you sure that i will get no
> problem with any dependencies?

If you use package they will tell you if you have dependency problem,
and (on most cases) can automatically install the dependency.

--
Fajar