Why is not writting in second detail file?

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Tue Oct 25 12:03:10 CEST 2011

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 4:01 PM, tonimanel
<antoniofernandez at fabergames.com> wrote:
> Yes, I knew that code is to define a reader. Thanks. ;)
>
> I think that this function incorrectly (I have some mistake) because when I
> list /var/log/freeradius/radacct, not appears second_detail file.

Did you read the logs you posted?

The file was created, and then processed by renaming it to .work, then
when processing completes it's deleted and tries to re-read the file
again.

It's supposed to do that. The only time you'd see the second_detail
file in this setup is when the server is writing data faster than the
reader can process, or the reader is currently sleeping (about 1
second in your setup) before trying to read it again.

> Now I have
> included proxy.conf ($INCLUDE proxy.conf) in radiusd.conf

wait ... WHAT? Why did you remove it in the first place?

The default configuration only needs minimum change to work. Do NOT
change what you don't understand.

I HIGHLY suggest you redo your setup from fresh install. ONLY modify
what you need, and ONLY if you know what the modification does.

> Also, I think that this is wrong because my home_server not receives
> accounting requests.

Probably because you haven't tell the reader what to do with the
packet. In the detail reader virtual server (server radiusB in your
example), you'd probably need to force the packets to be proxied to a
realm previously defined on proxy.conf. Try something like

server radiusB {
	accounting {
		update control {
			Proxy-To-Realm := "realm_of_my_second_radius_server.com"

If you didn't tell the server to proxy it (either by setting the realm
based on the suffix or whatever previously on proxy.conf, or force it
using Proxy-To-Realm), then just an "ok" in accounting section simply
means the packet will be discarded.

> I knew that I had defined the second writer fine, but something it's
> happening because I think that this file doesn't get to exist.

Like I said earlier, the process is very fast so unless your load is
very high you'd rarely see the file there.

--
Fajar