Unencrypted username in radacct/radpostauth for ttls tunnel authenticated user

James T. Mugauri james at africonnect.co.zm
Wed Oct 26 15:34:14 CEST 2011

On 10/26/2011 02:49 PM, freeradius-users-request at lists.freeradius.org
wrote:
>    On Access-Accept, store the unencrypted User-Name in the DB, along
> with a Class attribute.  When you receive an accounting packet, look up
> the Class attribute to find the unencrypted User-Name.
Thanks

I notice when running in debug mode, I have:

[ttls] Got tunneled request
     User-Name = "testairspan at iconnect.zm"
     User-Password = "airspan"
     FreeRADIUS-Proxied-To = 127.0.0.1
[ttls] Sending tunneled request
     User-Name = "testairspan at iconnect.zm"
     User-Password = "airspan"
     FreeRADIUS-Proxied-To = 127.0.0.1
     Calling-Station-Id = "00-1f-fb-20-7b-0e"
     Service-Type = Framed-User
     NAS-Port-Type = Wireless-802.16
     WiMAX-Release = "1.0"
[sql]     expand: %{User-Name} -> testairspan at iconnect.zm
[sql] sql_set_user escaped user --> 'testairspan at iconnect.zm'

The user is then correctly authenticated and receives the relevant
parameters

What attribute contains the unencrypted username, and at which stage of
the inner-tunnel session can I retrieve it?