FreeRadius + MySQL | radacct: Errors and Warnings
tim.sylvester at networkradius.com
Wed Oct 26 18:23:52 CEST 2011
> I have a FreeRadius + MySQL setup with MikroTik as NAS.
> And a few days ago I have some warnings and errors in the log:
> Tue Oct 25 04:02:41 2011 : Info: Released IP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (did
> via-pppoe-01 cli xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx user dmnzs-test) Tue Oct 25 05:30:36
> Error: Received conflicting packet from client
> my-pppoe-01 port 39595 - ID: 75 due to unfinished request 625066. Giving
> on old request.
> Tue Oct 25 15:43:20 2011 : Error: WARNING: Unresponsive child for request
> 784, in module radutmp component accounting
There are a few basic steps you can take to improve the performance of
FreeRADIUS with MySQL.
1. User the InnoDB Engine in MySQL.
2. Increase the number of SQL sockets in sql.conf (num_sql_socks). The
default is 5, try 25.
3. Increase the number of connections (max_connections) in my.cnf to match
the number of SQL sockets in sql.conf.
4. Enable the MySQL slow query log (slow_query_log) in my.cnf.
5. Check the MySQL slow query log file for problems.
Start with this list.
More information about the Freeradius-Users