systemd and FreeRADIUS

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Oct 27 16:59:14 CEST 2011

John Dennis wrote:
> FWIW, true systemd integration requires source code changes to the
> server. Control via external scripts within the systemd environment is
> the obvious incremental step and is what I assume you're talking about.

  Source code changes to the server shouldn't be hard...

> Also Fedora has documentation on the systemd conversion, something else
> you might want to look at:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Systemd

  Hmm... not much documentation there on source code changes.

http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/socket-activation.html

  Has some more information.

  It might be enough just to have a command-line option saying "-i
systemd", in which case it does systemd activation, rather than anything
else.

  I don't know that systemd should be the default, though. even on
systems with it configured.  Doing that will make it difficult to have
debug mode.