Fixed Duration Weekly, Monthly and Daily Accounts

JennyBlunt jennyshoehorn at me.com
Sun Oct 30 13:39:01 CET 2011

Looking for some advise regarding accounts with a preset amount of time. I
have freeradius setup and working with the sqlcounter module. Am just a
little lost.

How do I create a group which provides access for a preset amount of time,
for instance one day, week or month. I've tried by using expiration but
don't think thats right. Will the noreset parameter do this?

In our current system (not freeradius), we'd set this up as a continuous
account which starts the counter the first time the users logs on.

It's only the daily, weekly, monthly plans that work like this. I feel if we
set a monthly rule to allow 43200 minutes, the user will get a lot of time
online!