Freeradius-Users Digest, Vol 77, Issue 1

david.suarezdelis at telefonica.es david.suarezdelis at telefonica.es
Thu Sep 1 12:46:42 CEST 2011

Hi,

> Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 10:59:32 +0300
> From: Boian Jordanov <bjordanov at orbitel.bg>
>
> On Aug 30, 2011, at 12:06 PM, david.suarezdelis at telefonica.es wrote:
>
> > in libperl.a. I include the complete output of radiusd -X below with
both

> Did you compile perl with support for libperl.so ?

Yes, but some other problems got in the middle, so things were a bit
harder to solve.

There are two issues here:

First, that factory packages for Debian 6 weren't working together; and
second, problems with compilation.

On the second case, I was compiling both Freeradius and Perl but my Perl
build (after several attempts) got things mangled. A make realclean solved
the issue, but I got some problems because the change of running user
ruined the perlbrew instalation (an access to libraries, etc).

I have finally solved it, just an hour ago, by compiling Freeradius-2.1.11
and linking it to the system-wide libperl.so available library (somehow
upgrading to Perl-5.14.1 is hard on Debian, as apt-get insist the
installed package is the newest, even specifying the experimental repos,
probably I am doing something wrong).

Anyway, I will take the chance and link to 5.14.1 (eventually) as Perl
5.10 is about to get out of support...

So it's solved, and the pointers I got were very helpful, thanks a lot for
your attention.

As for the first issue, I'll contact the package maintainers and let them
know there's some mismatch (I suspect it is either an LD_PRELOAD issue or
maybe the package has some problems, I recall that on versions 1.x there
were several freeradius debian packages...)

So thanks and best regards,
dwd