Pre release of 2.1.12

Alexander Clouter alex at digriz.org.uk
Fri Sep 2 22:30:39 CEST 2011

Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

> I've put some pre releases of 2.1.12 on the web site:
>
> http://git.freeradius.org/pre/
>
> Please let me know if there are any problems.  If not, this can become
> 2.1.12.

Something handy to add if it is not too late.

We suffered a power failure today which caused our 802.1X/MAC-auth
clients to surge their accounting traffic.  All due to the following in
post-auth:
----
# defaults
update reply {
	[snipped]

	Acct-Interim-Interval := 3600
}
----

Would be handy to change Acct-Interim-Interval to something like:
----
update reply {
	Acct-Interim-Interval := 3000 + %{rand:1200}
}
----

This would give me Acct-Interim-Interval set to 1hr+-10mins.

As it is set now, I just got 1MB of journal recorded to file accounting
data landing on my systems :)

Cheers

--
Alexander Clouter
.sigmonster says: The chief cause of problems is solutions.