Freeradius security limitation

Jevos, Peter Peter.Jevos at oriflame.com
Tue Sep 6 14:07:11 CEST 2011

Hi all

The point is that at one time ntlm_auth stop to work on the primary server. When I test it from the command line it says "No logon server"
I noticed in the logs that there were 10 attempts per minute with wrong password from one of our routers. When I applied ACL on the router to block this attempts, ntlm_auth started to work
During this time standby radius was able to communicate with AD

So the question is if there are some restrictions in freeradius when it will stop to communicate with AD in some special cases ?

It happened few times with the same scenario

Thanks

pet