racct and radpostauth

andreapepa andrea.pepa at trentinonetwork.it
Thu Sep 8 17:37:10 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I'm testing freeradius 2 on a debian 6 with postgresql db.

My question is about the correlation beetwen the tables in subject, how can
i correlate records without using timestamp but maybe a unique session id?

I think this would be helpful when listing  online users, for example when
there is no acctstoptime value in radacct and maybe that user in not online
anymore, or just to sort out a list of the access request/accept/reject
report not only by timestamp.

In Dialupadmin the online user  page list users only by null acctstoptime,
but doesn't check( and how would it be possible ) if records belong to a
rejected request in radpostauth.

I'm testing the server not in the real but with the jradius simulator, with
"Generate Unique Acct-Session-id" option on