racct and radpostauth

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Fri Sep 9 13:49:53 CEST 2011

On 9 Sep 2011, at 12:18, Bjørn Mork wrote:

> Arran Cudbard-Bell <a.cudbardb at freeradius.org> writes:
>
>> Acct-Session-ID isn't inserted into the postauth table, because it's
>> generally not available in the Access-Request.
>>
>> It is theoretically possible to pre-assign an Acct-Session-ID, and its
>> supported by the standards, but no NAS vendors do it because it
>> requires additional effort and adds needless complexity to the code.
>
> Juniper ERXes (JUNOSe) and MXes (JUNOS) send Acct-Session-ID in the
> Access-Request.

Go them!

Ok I revise my statement - Almost no vendors send Acct-Session-ID in the Access-Request :).

But really its very very rare for vendors to do this. I've never personally seen a product in the wild that does, and i've worked with a fair few.

Arran Cudbard-Bell
a.cudbardb at freeradius.org

RADIUS - Waging war on ignorance and apathy one Access-Challenge at a time.