Windows Pre-Login Auth

Scott Hughes scott at renshawauto.net
Fri Sep 9 17:22:09 CEST 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Holstein [mailto:michael.holstein at csuohio.edu]
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2011 10:23 AM
To: FreeRadius users mailing list
Cc: scott at renshawauto.net
Subject: Re: Windows Pre-Login Auth

> On Windows 7 you can configure pre-login authentication (wireless
> connection properties -> Advanced settings) both for computer and
> user. On XP (with native windows client), I don't think that it is
> possible to do that.

Yes it is .. just check the box for "authenticate as computer account"
in the wireless properties (in XP). IIRC this was introduced when they finally fixed the supplicant in sp2.

The credentials come across as COMPUTERNAME$

Regards,

Michael Holstein
Cleveland State University

Thanks for the response.  What I get in my radius.log is:  Auth: Login incorrect: [host/COMPUTERNAME.ad-domain.local/<via Auth-Type = EAP>] (from client AP port 5136 cli <mac address here>)

Scott