racct and radpostauth

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Sun Sep 11 15:52:38 CEST 2011

Arran Cudbard-Bell <a.cudbardb at freeradius.org> writes:

> Ok I revise my statement - Almost no vendors send Acct-Session-ID in
> the Access-Request :).
>
> But really its very very rare for vendors to do this. I've never
> personally seen a product in the wild that does, and i've worked with
> a fair few.

Might be a configuration issue.  I just stumbled across this:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2/security/configuration/guide/scfathen.html#wp1002457

 <quote>
 The *radius-server attribute 44 include-in-access-req* command sends
 RADIUS attribute 44 (Acct-Seccion-ID) in access-request packets.
 </quote>

So it seems IOS based Cisco access servers can do this as well, but it's
not the default.

Bjørn