NAS IP Address

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Mon Sep 12 14:10:48 CEST 2011

On 12 Sep 2011, at 13:58, 2394263740 wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm using free radius server 2.1.11 on Linux Enterprise Server 6.1.
> OS: Linux Enterprise Server 6.1
> Radius: free radius server 2.1.11
> Database: Mysql
>
> The WIFI routers we're using are in diffirent private networks, behind the internet gateways. The WIFI router has private IP address, such as 192.168.1.1.
>
> For some reason, we need know which Internet IP address, the WIFI router is using to do the authention with the FreeRadius server. The FreeRadius server is on internet.
>
> As the business needs, we need save the IP addres(Internet gateway IP address) to MySql database.

edit the queries in

raddb/sql/mysql/dialup.conf

and add the additional columns to the SQL database.

The original IP address of the NAS may be sent in the NAS-IP-Address attribute, in which case use the expansion %{NAS-IP-Address} for the value of the new column.

Arran Cudbard-Bell
a.cudbardb at freeradius.org

RADIUS - Waging war on ignorance and apathy one Access-Challenge at a time.