Best Practices - maximum NAS entries in clients.conf

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Sep 13 09:47:50 CEST 2011

On 09/13/2011 08:43 AM, Phil Mayers wrote:

> You could also use "exec", rlm_perl/python or whatever, all of which can
> themselves call SQL.
>
> Or, perform an SQL query that MUST return some output, parse the results
> and call the individual SQL modules directly - like so:

I forgot to add; you should also consider running a read-only replica of
the SQL database locally on the radius server. We do this, and it means
the radius server can operate completely isolated, and solves the
problem for every use of SQL. It's also got better performance isolation
characteristics.