Replacing Cisco ACS with Free RADIUS

Sallee, Stephen (Jake) Jake.Sallee at umhb.edu
Tue Sep 13 21:59:00 CEST 2011

Our Cisco ACS was accidentally made useless by some numbskull (me) by raising the functionality level of our AD domain, apparently ACS 4.2 is not compatible with newer MS AD servers ... and once you raise the functionality level ... you can't go back ... go me  >:o

So! I am trying to replicate the Downloadable IP ACL function that we love so much in ACS, into Free RADIUS.  It seems that this is done through the Cisco AV Pair radius attribute.  If anyone has experience in this please drop me a line using my included contact info, if we move into production with it I will post back to the list for posterity what we did to get it to work.

Any help is always appreciated.

Jake Sallee
Godfather of Bandwidth
System Engineer