Quick enable/disable user account.

rauch.holger at googlemail.com rauch.holger at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 14 16:14:33 CEST 2011

Hi Arran,

On Wed, 14 Sep 2011, Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:

> [...]
> >> It has nothing to do with FreeRADIUS,
> >
> > Are you saying that table and column names are the same *in every* SQL-based
> > RADIUS implementation? (I doubt that tables and columns share the same names
> > accross different RADIUS implementations).
>
> rlm_sql doesn't care about column names, it just deals with indexes. The SQL used to get the values for those indexes is completely arbitrary, and implementation specific.

Since you mentioned rlm_sql, it *does* have something to do with FreeRADIUS,
doesn't it?

> [...]
> I'm not going to waste my time debating this with you.

So you seem to consider rethinking your own assumptions a waste of time?

> The phrasing the OP used was completely inappropriate for a volunteer based support list, end of story.

Then you could have told him *exactly that* in your very first mail,
couldn't you?

> I have nothing against the OP,

I didn't say that, did I? Please refrain from "adding" statements to my
original mail by interpreting it. When in doubt, please ask (instead of
making inappropriate assumptions).

> in fact if you'd checked, you'd see that i've answered a number of his other questions...

You surely did. (I didn't question your effort.)

> So why you felt the need to step in and intervene is beyond me.

I decided to step in because IMHO it's inappriopriate to assume things one
doesn't know or hasn't asked for (like whether the OP really was "too lazy"
for RTFM or RTFW). It's just not a good way of treating people, that's all.

(Besides, maybe I'm not the only with this opinion who's subscribed to this
list? Ever thought about that?)

Greetings,

   Holger