FreeRADIUS with NETGEAR WG103 WAP

Ian Pilcher arequipeno at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 18:19:29 CEST 2011

On 09/14/2011 10:48 AM, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Ian Pilcher wrote:
>> Has anyone used $SUBJECT configuration?  I am considering the WG103 for
>> my home network, and I would really like to use its RADIUS support to
>> start using "real" user IDs, rather than shared keys.
>
>   What does that mean?

At least for the "private" networks, I want everyone to have their own
credentials, rather than a shared key (a la WEP and WPA[2]-PSK).

>> * How difficult is this likely to be?
>
>   See the FAQ.  Configure an IP and shared secret in clients.conf.  Add
> a "known good" user/password.  Profit!

I did read the FAQ and the documentation page on freeradius.org.  The
steps that you list look like the "Initial Tests" section of the
documentation page, but will that actually work for wireless access?
I've Googled up several HOWTO-type documents, and they all involve
creating a bunch of SSL certificates.